I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Did that really just happen...?

Here's the synopsis...

  • Car's auto-starter/alarm stopped working sometime over the summer
  • When winter hit, my car kept tripping the house breaker (block heater on car that is)
  • Breaker was checked. It's a 20amp and the 2 blankets together don't equal 5. Breaker was swapped and its good. Every plug car was plugged not tripped.
  • Driving home from gym last week, rear passenger tire popped. Ended up driving 2-3 blocks before I realized. 
  • Changed tire in -26. Took me 2 hrs and a phone-a-friend. Decided it was too cold to do without a block heater so I called my mechanic...
  • Turns out block heater is leaking antifreeze and shorting itself out. 
  • Part didn't come in on Saturday flight. Hopefully it makes the Tuesday one.
Oh, and yesterday it actually snowed... A blizzard too. First snow of the year. Just a bit different from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment