I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Friday, December 2, 2011

reschedule

By 11am 2 of my 3 afternoon patients had cancelled. There was a thick layer of fog around and it was causing trouble for planes. My right hand opted to call my 3rd afternoon pt and see if they were planning on coming. The conversation went something like this...

"Hi, I'm calling from the audiology clinic at the hospital. I know it's pretty bad weather out there today so I was calling to see if you were planning on keeping your appointment."

"Well, I was planning on driving down on the river in somebody's truck but it's been so warm this week I was really nervous about the river thawing out (note: high of 27 this week, low of -14)."

"Well, if you'd like we can reschedule you."

"That would be great. I'm so glad you called, you probably saved my life."

One would hope someone wouldn't go out on a partially thawed river, but if you're that desperate to see the doctor, who knows what someone would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment