I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy December everybody. Even with the cold, it doesn't quite feel like the Holiday season yet. I haven't seen much in the way of holiday decorations yet though. Not sure what traditions tend to be around here. Maybe people just don't put out outdoor lights and decorations because of the extreme cold and wind and curtains are closed for various reasons. I don't know. Maybe I'll find out at some point.

On the flip side, next weekend I get to spend 2 days traveling to head home for Christmas and New Years... Cross your fingers for me. I'm going to have to dress in layers since I'll be leaving a negative temperature environment to a 50-65 degree temperature (still kinda blows my mind).

Oh well... today is pretty foggy (roughly 100ft visibility this morning on my way to work). Takes some serious concentration to drive in in the dark at 8am, but people are good about slowing down and taking time, etc.

Off to see patients. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment