I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Sensory Overload

Since I've been back in Virginia, I've been out tagging along with Christmas shopping. I can tell the pace of life is MUCH different. Now, keep in mind I'm in Norfolk/Virginia Beach. This is not Boston, NYC or anything big. First off, driving at highway speeds took a little getting used to. It was a bit dizzying. Then I get to the stores... you know what effect in TVs and movies where the world starts moving, almost like a psychedelic thing. Well, that's what happened to me in both of the stores I went to on Sat. I had to go to a part of the store that no one was in - purses.

I'm braving the mall tonight- wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment