I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Monday, August 29, 2011

First Berrypicking excursion...

 
Blue and Blackberries - picked fresh on 8/26/11

My Berry bucket (it's a big one) and my haul (OK, so it's really not that many, but I can go again)


Berries are in my freezer so I can do something with them later. Not sure if I wanna try my hand at jam or just use em in pancakes. I need more for some of the things people suggested.

Recipes welcome!!!

1 comment:

  1. Colins friend Jessica again! Living in WA I've learned the occasional tip with fruit produce. When picking berries dont put them in a deep bucket, go for a shallow but wide pan. The weight of the berries alone is enough to cause the ones on the bottom of the bucket to crush, making them useless. This is particularly important with thin skinned berries like Blackberries or Salmonberries, which crush super easy.

    ReplyDelete