I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Monday, August 1, 2011

DMV

Went to the DMV today. Not too bad. I was able to get Alaska license plates no problem. I unfortunately wasn't able to get my license yet. Anyone getting a new license MUST retake the written test. Now, I've had licenses in 3 other states and I haven't had to re-take a test. this might be a good thing overall, but I still don't understand why I need to know if the suspension time on X violation is 30 days, 60 days, 90 days or 6 months. If my license is getting suspended I've got a problem. I shouldn't have done it nor should I be sitting here trying to calculate well, I'll be out of town on a cruise for the next month so I can go ahead and get this violation since I won't need my car, but not this one cause then I can't drive when I get home... are we serious?

And the drinking stuff. Why do we need to know that at this level it's this violation and at that level it's a whole new game. If you drink and drive you should be up shit-creek. Just don't do it and then you won't need to worry. Ask me all the questions you need to about the signs and right of way, and things like that but the other stuff is just... i dunno... a waste of valuable space in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment