I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Car withdrawal= oops

So after 2 months of being completely without driving privileges, I made a little boo-boo.

When I got the call Thursday morning that my car was ready i was ridiculously stoked. I was jumping and squealing, and for those who know me I RARELY jump and squeal. So after inspecting the car for damage and signing paperwork... I hopped in JAX and turned the key. He was a little sluggish to start but once he got going he was amazing as always.

There was just one... little... problem...

I didn't look everywhere before I drove onto the road and I missed something. That something... was a ditch. Yep a water ditch, completely empty of water but a ditch none-the-less. As my car dipped downward nose first into said ditch, a guy in a big truck was driving by at that moment and slowed down- I'm pretty sure it was to help tow me out.

I decided to try out my vehicles off-road capabilities. First with just 2WD and if that didn't work, I was gonna turn on 4WD. So I semi-carefully hit the gas and took control of the wheel. And JAX did good. He climbed right out of the ditch without any trouble. My baby knows exactly how to deal with what the world is throwing at him. I'm hoping I can take this as a sign of good things to come and control in some interesting weather.

I mean really, who gets so excited they don't even see a ditch right in front of them? That's right, I do! ::sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment