I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Interesting observation

It randomly hit me the other day that I work in a hospital, the only hospital in the region and there's no restrictions about allergens. No "do not wear perfumes", and no mention of "no peanuts or peanut products". The peanut one surprised me. Back home, I know a number of people with nut allergies, yet here... nothing. I asked around and no one knows of anyone up here. There's another white woman up here who also has a Gluten allergy, but no one that lives here. The cafeteria even has nothing but diet or sugar-free drinks, even the juice (much to my dismay and this is all per the nutritionist on staff).

Just thought I'd share.

No comments:

Post a Comment