I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Internet/Cable

Yay, internet and cable are hooked up now. The guy calls me at 11:15 and the conversation goes something like this...
"This is GCI"
"Hi, what time are you coming today?"
"I'm here now, are you at home?"
"No, I'm at work"
"Is someone else at home?"
"No, just me"
"Well how am I supposed to hook up cable if you're not at home?"
"I'm sorry, I was told you'd be here yesterday so I was home part of the day waiting"
"They didn't put you on my schedule for yesterday, who told you yesterday? I was bored yesterday, it would have been good to have another job then."
"Anchorage and the local office told me Tuesday."
"Oh"
"I can grab a cab outside and be there in 5 minutes"
"Lunch is at 12, I could meet you at one"
"I can do whichever, just let me know."
"It won't take long, you can be here by 11:30?"
"Yes"
"OK, I'll wait for you."

I was back at the office by 12, AND I stopped into my landlord's office right before he started surgery (he had to take a dog's leg today) to hand in the lease and get things squared away with water.

No comments:

Post a Comment