I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Alas...

So the barge schedule apparently changes OFTEN. My barge actually hasn't arrived. It's currently scheduled to arrive next week. Sadness. So it looks like my stuff will get here before my car. Bummer but I'll be OK. i can't do anything about it anyway.

I've had a few people weigh in on the paint color question. I was originally thinking of a Steel Blue color but then we realized there were too many shades of Blue in the apt already AND it was pointed out by a long-term resident here that I wouldn't want the same color on the wall that I'll be looking at all winter. Instead, an orange or yellow was suggested. It'll work off the blue and be much brighter. Since I think I'm morally/ethically opposed to yellow (after something like 6 former houses having yellow kitchens in every shade between a pale easter-like Yellow and a mustard/puke yellow... I'm leaning toward a burnt orange if i go that route. OR... a sage-y color. I have a brown couch and the chair/ottoman I got recovered are in browns and greens. It makes a bit of sense. And I'm thinking just 2 walls.

I'll hold off for now and wait for stuff to get here but that's the direction I'm thinking of going.

No comments:

Post a Comment