I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Preparing for relocation

So this time, the relocation isn't nearly as far or as restrictive. This time instead of a $ limit (including my car) I have lbs limit (and my car). So JAX will be going to Anchorage with me as will all of my stuff here, and possibly the stuff that I left at M/D's in a closet.

BUT, turns out this is considered enough of a corporate move that i'm not supposed to pack anything. They are going to fly a mover or 2 into town and they'll pack everything up. Then it turns out that instead of barging it back down to Anchorage, it's going to go in a plane via air freight. It's more expensive up front but they said they end up paying more in loss/damage claims when it goes by barge. I'm good with my stuff arriving in one piece so I'm all for it.

So my plan is to clean/purge of things that need to go, but also to organize all my paperwork and scan it to a digital format so I can then shred it and no worry about having to cart around paperwork I probably don't really need to begin with (wish me luck, not an easy task). I'm working on the cleaning part of things now. I need to take pictures of everything so they can estimate shipping costs.

I'm working on finding an apartment or possibly a roommate. Still weighing pros and cons. If anybody has friends in Anchorage who are looking for roommates, feel free to let me know.

I can't wait to start exploring more of Alaska. Maybe even learn to snowboard next winter :))).

No comments:

Post a Comment