I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Door Snake

It occurs to me that a Door Snake might be helpful in my apartment either between my arctic entry and outside or inside or even both. My question is, what should it be filled with? I have to get my sewing machine fixed (the tension for the thread spool is too tight and is snapping thread- i've adjusted the tension, but it seems to be bobbin tension, I've also re-threaded it to make sure nothing was caught).

Any suggestions welcome.

3 comments:

  1. It was emailed to me this morning that you can fill a door snake with either rice or beans but you should periodically check for sprouts/mold if it gets wet. Mine will most likely be getting wet if it goes on the outside door since that does leak so we'll see what I can come up with, maybe a water resistant material.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours is filling with old sweatshirts/t-shirts. When it gets dirty, we just toss it in the washer and then let it dry out really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another suggestion was emailed to me... filling it with plastic bags. I'd probably have to be careful about molding but you do with the rest too. Another option for them.

    ReplyDelete