I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Turkey Chili

So the Produce is really making me cook. I had a red onion and a bell pepper and then I had ground turkey from my meat order. I threw in a can of stewed tomatoes, chili powder and some sweet baby rays BBQ sauce. I actually threw in some carrots before I remembered I was making chili and not stew. Oh, and a little bit of hot sauce. It smelled yummy and tastes yummier. I usually like adding corn too but didn't thins time.

Turkey Chili

1 lb ground turkey
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 red onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
2 carrots
Sweet baby rays BBQ sauce to taste
Chili powder to taste
hot sauce to taste.

1 comment:

  1. So a bit of a bummer, the chili powder I used was from a spice rack I'd gotten at some point. It doesn't have ingredients listed but i'd had decent luck using some of the other spices onthe rack. Unfortunately, I think the chili powder had MSG in it cause i've got a bit of a headache now. Otherwise, it tasted really good. I'll just have to obtain new chili powder I can trust and it'll be fantastic. oh the joys of food allergies.

    ReplyDelete