I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Friday, February 3, 2012

US Wellness Meats

Just put in an order for Meat. Organic, grass fed, antibiotic free, nitrate free, MSG free and gluten free. This is my jackpot. I also decided to get a foodsaver (vacuum sealer) starter kit so I can avoid the freezer-burn that's been plaguing my freezer. Apparently, vacuum sealing food makes it last much much longer than just a zip-lock. Ultimately, saving money on the bulk meat order i put in (and other things).

Between that and my produce deliveries, I've already got ideas for a few meals like the potato leek soup since i got leeks in my box this week. We'll see what else I can come up with for new recipes.

1 comment:

  1. Foodsavers, aka "suckie bag machines", are wonderful. Just don't try to use it on stuff like bread or other collapsible food. You'll definitely not have to worry so much about freezer burn. You can also submerge food in water then freeze the whole thing, putting the food into a block of ice. That keeps out freezer burn as well. Love ya, Uncle Jim

    ReplyDelete