I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

A look back

I don't know that I can call this a regret, but I wish that when I came to Alaska I'd gone somewhere closer/with more access to some of the more published or stereotypical Alaskan views. The expense here is so great that its really cost prohibitive to travel and view more of the Alaskan landscape on my salary and while I'm trying to pay off my student loans.

When I leave here I won't want to move to another part of Alaska more than likely because I want to be closer to the rest of the country but at the same time I do wish I'd spent time in Denali or exploring Juneau or Fairbanks or Kodiak, anywhere really.  I'm jealous of people I know who are based out of Anchorage and have gone and spent weekends hiking, climbing, etc. but I have also learned so much being here I can't find it to regret this move. If I had to do it all over again I might have selected a different place to live.

It's too bad current cost of living information is so hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment