I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Little Houses

I've become almost obsessed in the last few days with mini homes. I realized my apartment is in fact very tiny. Including the arctic entry which is essentially a mud room & utility room combined (housing my 2-300gal water tanks and water heater) my entire apartment is just at 500 sq ft. And absolutely no closet space.

I'm convinced that if done appropriately, with built-ins and good organization, I could easily live in a small home. I have been looking for different ways people have done this and hoping that someday I can pull this off. Hopefully someday will be within the next 5 years or so. I am reading lots where people build these homes themselves for $30k-50k. Even with contracting out certain parts of the project.

Someday

No comments:

Post a Comment