I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Current Gas Prices...



I don't complain much anymore. Also- I distinctly remember getting off the plane last year for Christmas to pass a gas station and yelled, "Shit, Gas is half-price! Mom- we should fill up". She looked at me like I had 4 heads and calmly said, "Honey, It just went up 20 cents." ... oops.Yep, and we drill for it here. It costs that much because the pipeline sends the unrefined gas south where it's refined and then barged back up here. We pay for the expense of TRANSPORTATION more than anything. The cost per barrel isn't just the gas itself, it's every other mark-up you see.

I can't wait until we actually have biodiesel and other sustainable energy sources figured out. It frustrates me to no end that the technology has been there for decades but it hasn't been moved forward because of whatever stick whoever has stuck up their rears. Maybe the survivalists have a point. It's be awesome to be completely self sustaining and be able to live off the grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment