I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fog = ASL practice

Today's pretty foggy out. I didn't notice it on my way to work, but it's there. I think it's a little above the ground. Not enough to obscure driving but enough to make it impossible for planes to land. Because of this, most of my patients are either no-showing (DNKA, pronounced 'dink-a' - did not keep appointment) or calling to reschedule.

Since I used my downtime during this last weeks ENT clinic to do Medicaid paperwork for Hearing Aids (DME - Durable Medical Equipment pre-approvals), I'm using this time to study my ASL (American Sign Language). I think using downtime at work to learn more of a language that my Deaf patients use is an appropriate use of time.

1 comment:

  1. I think reading a good book would be nice, if acceptable. If not, ASL practice is good.

    ReplyDelete