I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Sunday, September 18, 2011

hole in my pocket

I think we're all aware that airline prices have gone up in the last few years.  And I knew that flying from here to the East coast to visit was going to be expensive.

I'm trying to plan my PTO to head home for Christmas. My boss is all but making me go home for 2 weeks. Because we get 2 holidays (Christmas and New Years) I actually get more like 2.5 weeks off with weekends.

My dad also has some frequent flyer points accumulated he's offered to share for the cause. His tickets can get me from Seattle or Portland back to VA. I used Kayak.com to search flights from here to Seattle = $1250. Then I searched here to Portland = $1380. I swear it's the most expensive legs of travel I've ever seen.

I'm going to wait a little longer and try and book in October. I may also look into having the travel office help me since that's available. I feel it'll just be convoluted since I'm also using points on an airline they really don't use to make arrangements. Either way, cross your fingers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment