I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Block Heaters...

My neighbor grew up in a different part of Alaska and told me how she plugged in her car previous winters.

I'd mentioned before I was told to plug in my car at night when I got home so it was ready the next morning and that I'd save more money in gas than it what I'd spend in electric. Well, here's a bonus to that... my neighbor said they used to use an auto-timer so it'd only use electricity for 1-2 hrs instead of 12-16 by having it in all night.

Amazon is my friend, because I found an outdoor auto-timer that can be set to turn on at whatever time IF the temp was below a certain temp. So there'll be some mornings there'll be no need at all to use it. Cheaper electric here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment