I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Sad

Listening to the radio on my way home from the gym, I was a little startled to hear that a local woman froze to death over the weekend after walking a couple friends home from a night of drinking. She was found 150 ft from her home. They do believe alcohol was involved but she was not so intoxicated she couldn't walk people home. I just can't imagine freezing like that. I suppose in some ways it would be somewhat peaceful. I've heard the extreme cold makes you VERY sleepy/lethargic. there's biting pain where the cold reaches you but it gets to be so cold there's numbness and even a warmth sensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment