I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dry cold

Good news: dry cold is warmer than wet cold (at least to me it is - not sure if there's actual scientific evidence to support this though). For instance, I can walk outside with a fleece and my winter coat, but not have my winter coat zipped up at -5 degrees and -20 degrees windchill and still be OK (please note I would be wearing gloves, no hat though, that's always a last resort for me).

Bad news: I got my first nosebleed in a LOOOOONG time today. And I got it while for over the last week I've been drinking my full 64 oz (8 8oz glasses or 3 liters) of water a day (fitness challenge points awarded for this). So I started up my humidifier this afternoon. Hopefully this'll make things better.

No comments:

Post a Comment