I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Monday, May 9, 2011

4 weeks

As of yesterday, I'll be here for 4 more weeks before I take off.

This coming weekend is Greek Fest here and the weekend after that my family travels to KY for my cousin's wedding, where I'll also be able to see a bunch of people on both sides of the family before I leave. It'll be a fast couple weeks.

I also confirmed my flight today. It'll be about 18 hrs of travel and 4 flights with 3 layovers (first 3 will at least be on the same carrier) but I'll get there and I'll start to settle in.

Oh, and this morning was the moving company survey. So I should get that estimate by the end of the week and hopefully be able to work on scheduling a departure date. Things are slowly rolling to a stopping point. I'm hoping I get to the point where I'll have a couple weeks (at least a week) of relaxation before I jump on that jet plane. This journey is almost like running that half-marathon I tried doing a while back. There are moments of 'balls-to-the-wall' and moments of 'slow down and grab some water, you idiot' and then there's the excitement and the anxiousness of 'am I really freaking doing this??? holy crap'. But there are little mile markers along the way and spectators cheering you on. But just like when I 'ran' the race, it's still a matter of putting one foot in front of the other and pushing forward.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment