I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

5 Weeks... (left in Norfolk)

5 weeks left in Norfolk and 3 left at my current job. It's definitely going fast as we knew it would.

Today's been:
  • Going through DVD's and CD's making sure CD's are ripped in iTunes and making sure the DVD's get converted over into big wallets for ease of transport etc.
  • Doing laundry and trying to separate clothes into keep with me vs sell vs send with storage
  • Laundering towels and blankets that will need to be sent in the stuff to move.
  • Going through as many nooks and crannies as possible to go through things for sell vs send to AK.
  • Washed Kitchen stuff that needed washing and went through spices to take inventory and make a list.

 I'm trying very very hard to get through as much as possible before Sat to sell as much as physically possible and also get everything over to storage that's going to be going with me. I know I'll miss things but I want to get as much as possible settled. I'm alsmost down to my maybe pile.

In the next couple days I'm going to have to pull out the luggage I'm going to take and start packing what's going with me to make sure it's ready.

Also starting a list of things to do in my last 2 weeks when I'll have all day everyday. I'm surprised I haven't truly screwed anything up yet. sigh, one foot in front of the other.

1 comment:

  1. So I've been trying to avoid your blog but I just couldn't do it any longer! I see you've been a busy little bee today! I was attempting to be one as well. Had a close call today but I ended up back home. I'll be in labor for the next 3 days! Lucky me! You called it! SMH....Anywho, I hope I can make the yard sale...I want your shoes!!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete