I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sly like a Fox

I feel like I'm in countdown mode. Everyday this week something has left the house to go to donation (Thank you Dad for supervising this and delivering as well). My time at work is also sneaking up on me. I feel like I'm playing hide and seek in a labyrinth were you've been told at some point the floor will fall out from under you, so be prepared. How can you prepare for something like that? I have 2 days of work left as of tonight and then a 4 day trip into KY then I have about a week and a half to come back and pack everything up and hide it away.

For the most part everything is practically done. It's just disconcerting living out of suitcases so I've really just been putting the final clean and put away tasks off so I don't feel like such a stranger in my skin. I have to finish packing up my closet with the things that aren't going. Ultimately, it'll probably only take a day of all-day work. I'm thinking most of it will happen on Tuesday.

The goodbyes over the next couple days are going to kill me. Granted I'll still be in communication via various internet sources, but I'll be somewhere else. I know I'm going to cry repeatedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment