I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Endings & Beginnings

Endings: It honestly feels like I'm just on vacation right now. I kept trying to tell myself last night as I was leaving work that I no longer worked there and I'm pretty sure that it still hasn't hit, even with the tearful goodbyes and cleaning off/out my desk. My work mom almost couldn't look at me without crying. I meet up with some people next week for some final goodbyes so maybe I'm just not feeling that it's final yet.

Someone also pointed out over the last couple days that the office administrator wrote in his message to everyone that I was leavin for Alsaka instead of Alaska. It's become a new woed there. At least it makes me grin

Beginnings: There was a woman I posted aboit some time back. She was a former Bethelonion and related to a patient of mine. I had been planning on calling her to try and get together over the next two weeks and enjoy some of the stories, pictures and whatnot she has to share. Imagine to my surprise when she comes into my office yesterday to see me. I'm hoping to meet up with her soon.


And in other news. I'm travelling westward this weekend for a cousin's wedding and to see family before I go. Nothing Alaska related specifically but good to go none-the-less.

And I ordered my new cellphone/plan yesterday. I do have the new number so I'll be distributing that between now and when I leave. I won't be using it until the day I get there but it'll switch pretty abruptly. It is an Android so I'll be wired. And I found out Betbel has data coverage (wifi actually) so i'll truely be wired. YAY.


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment