I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Health Insurance

Another one of the many things on the take-care-of list.

My work-mom (different from a biological mom) and I somehow got on the topic today of  my insurance and trying to make sure it doesn't lapse between jobs. So after a bit of forwarding questions to the right people I found this...

My current health insurance will go until the end of this month (since this is the month I'll be leaving work). After that, I have 60 days to begin COBRA benefits if I want them and I can use them for up to 18months. Now, me new place of employment is supposed to begin coverage on the first day of the month after my start date. Since my start-date is June 8th my new coverage should start July 1.

If all goes well, I shouldn't have to begin COBRA benefits. I should hopefully only have 1 month of no official coverage where I'll keep my old insurance cards and COBRA benefits if I need them.

Also in today's news... dad was super-awesome and made a run to my storage unit today to deposit some things and also to bring back some smaller furniture. There aren't many pieces now that need to come back here. I was able to go through my old jewelry box (that is going in the sale) and found a bunch of old "costume" jewelry and watches to go into the sale. Alright, time for these weary eyes to drift into dream-land. I didn't get a good night's sleep last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment