I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Housing

I should probably let you guys know that most of the houses here are pre-fab. The possible building season is a very short Summer and because of this houses that are just assembly required just make more sense. It's not like anywhere else you've ever lived. There are some places that were truly built, but most are small or were added onto, built over time kind of thing. People work at making the inside theirs, and I'll be no different.

I should also mention that the gas station here is a tank (above ground for freezing issues) with 4 pumps. No attendant, no convenience store and no loiterers. Refreshing actually. Oh, and gas is $6/gal. (and the pump cuts of at $75 so if your tank isn't full, you put your CC in again and keep going.

I forget, in the cold you don't want your tank below 1/2 tank, right?

A number of people who live up here have strongly suggested I seriously consider the place I've already seen because it's a flat rate with all utilities. I'd just have to take care of my own internet/cable/wireless (see previous posts for more info, and please feel free to weigh in, thanks to those who have).

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment