I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

more apt hunting info...

So I just talked to the current tenant of the 2nd place.

It's in a quiet neighborhood and it's up about 18-20 feet off the ground so it's higher than the highest recorded flood level (I guess just in case). Base rent is 1050 but then each utility together totaled about 1337 possibly even cheaper during the summer, and 1457-1557 during the winter. Winter costs include plugging in a car. He said it was an efficient little place. Not sure how it'll feel when I see it. He said he lived comfortably with TV/internet, a computer, etc. So usage wasn't being skimpy.

He also reminded me about energy efficient light bulbs. I didn't pack any to send here so I'll have to order a bunch.

It'd definitely be convenient to have 1 flat rate and not worry about monthly bills, but saving a couple/few hundred dollars also sounds quite nice...too many choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment