I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Friday, June 3, 2011

T minus just under 34 hrs

Yesterday I had the great pleasure of spending the afternoon with a wonderful woman who lived in Bethel for 11 years in the 60's-70's. She was a teacher and had many excellent stories and crafts to share with me. The artistry in the basket weaving, fur/skin work, doll and mask making as well as the ivory carving was truly remarkable. I can only hope that many of these art forms are still alive and well when I arrive. I will hopefully be able to write to my new friend periodically (as she is not "wired"). After talking with her, my anxiousness for all of this has increased.

Mom took today off and we did some small things to relax and get ready. The closet is filling and the rest of the house is emptying. My luggage is mostly packed with mr needing to do a load of laundry tonight or tomorrow to finish preparing. I'm seriously debating staying up all night Sat night to make sure everything gets done and to make absolute sure I don't sleep in.

Oh, to those who have my #, the VA # will work for a little it before I get my new phone. Unfortunately the new one was a bit backordered.

Cross your fingers for me.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment