I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Monday, June 13, 2011

In Hooper Bay

So I arrived and we got started seeing patients. Not too busy but not too slow. It was ultimately a good first day seeing people. I'm already feeling pretty good about using the telemed (tele-medicine) system. My biggest problem is learning the protocols.
After work the clinic had a bbq with everybody that works at the SRC (sub regional clinic). I got to try whale (Balooga). I have to say it tasted interesting. It's pretty chewy and had a fish flavor. I was told to put salt on it so I did and ultimately the texture wasn't something I'd want to eat everyday but it was good to try it. I think for me it would have to be an acquired taste.

1 comment:

  1. I have got to give you credit there. I cant eat anything from the water. I would like to see some more pictures tho. maybe of you with that amazing skyline/ mountain back drop. That was really beautiful. Miss ya terribly. Please have fun but be afe and watch out for them pesky penguins...... lol

    ReplyDelete