I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

pictures...

First of all, I want to apologize for the weird timing that goes along with the pictures. Unfortunately, the 2G service isn't enough to send pictures through my phone. However, if I pick up wireless, they'll send a little faster. When they finally all uploaded, they were out of order. Luck of the draw really. I'm playing with in and I'll keep working on my timing. I'm also working on getting some shots later and later to give you guys an idea. I'm only going to be able to stay up so late during the week though, so I'll work on that this weekend.

So I've met up with a couple of "small world" people. My grandmother's cousin's, daughter-in-law's son's step-mom works with me at the hospital. Also, a couple of my old docs have a friend whose daughter is an attorney here and I met her tonight for the first time and hung out with a group from the public defenders office. Yesterday when we spoke to set this up, I was recruited to play in the city's softball league and today found out that there's a group that plays ultimate Frisbee on Sunday's and Wednesdays. So that on top of a gym membership ($25 bucks a month) and my other workout routine's. I might be doing OK this summer.

I've also got a couple leads on housing. One possibility might be through the hospital. Another might be someone who may be looking for someone to finish out the term of their lease. I'll keep looking into things and see what happens. I've got my hospital badge and computer log-in information. I do need to get keys to my office but otherwise I'm good to go.

I'll be spending my day tomorrow getting used to where things are and having the audiologist who works in the Sub-Regional Clinics (SRCs) come out and show me a few things. If I can squeeze it in, I'd like to do training for the tele-med (tele-medicine) system. Ultimately, it's a getting used to where things are, getting prepared to take on my full schedule the week after next. I also got my flight arrangements out to one of the SRCs today. I leave Monday after lunch and come back Friday. I may need a sleeping back which I'll have to borrow, but I think it'll be a very educational and awesome experience to get out to the village and get a taste of life out there.

Also, I need to do laundry this weekend. My time has been quite full so far. But things are looking good. If I can square away this whole living arrangement thing, I might be willing to say I'm settling in quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment