I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

WOOT WOOT!!!

I saw the 2nd apartment and it was fantastic. It was the nicest apartment I've seen so far. the only downside was that it didn't actually have a closet but it had a wardrobe and dresser. OK, so here's the breakdown:

- practically brand new appliances
- full size leather couch
- large enough for 1 person but small enough I won't accumulate extraneous things
- in a quiet neighborhood

On paper, the apartments are very similar. 1 bed, W/D included, fully furnished. The first one was larger and more expensive and with rent and utilities all being the exact same every month. But the 2nd may actually have been the nicer places I've lived too.

I'm very glad I went to see it. I know I'll have to look out for individual bills but I'll save some money and it's just a nicer place. Even if the fuel cost makes it so I end up spending as much as the other place, I'll still get a nicer place out of it. I called the landlord and he's going to have the current tenant who's moving out Friday morning just give me the keys and I'll sign the lease this next Tuesday when the landlord is back in town. So basically, I get to move in this weekend. I'm super excited, and any money I save makes internet/cable feel a little less of a guilty pleasure. I'll take pictures when I start to settled.

::silent screech::

No comments:

Post a Comment