I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Done!!!

That's it!!! I've decided to start carrying my hairdryer in my bag to and from work everyday. My locks froze while I was gone (Vacation), and we're not sure if they froze or not last night (Mon), the handle froze this morning locking me in my apartment (Tues AM)- I mean really... whose house tries to eat them?!? MINE!!! Then it was frozen again tonight when I got home (Tues). I spend about an hour crouched in the doorway using the hairdryer all along the edged and in the lock keyhole and handle keyhole. Now at least the door will close all the way without the ice build-up.

2 comments:

  1. I think you can buy lock de-icer (spray can). Don't know if it would deal with Alaska though. Another way is to warm up they key using cigarette lighter. Hope you get this resolved soon. What do the neighbors do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also hearing that the alcohol-based hand sanitizer will often work in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete