I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Path We Travel

I was recently applauded for my determination, my courage and sense of adventure. It's funny though, I don't really think of moving to Alaska of myself as a whole as any of those things.

Life is a series of steps we take. To get from one end of the map to the other you have to move. Sometimes you look for a better worn path to more easily see your way. Sometimes you want to head to higher ground to get better perspective and sometime you want to explore off the path and see what treasures you might find For some the journey is quick and decisive and for others its a series of shortcuts that inevitably aren't.

Whatever your style, you still get to where you're supposed to be- even if it's not where you set out to land. You see the things you see and walk away with cuts and bruises but you make it and you keep the memories.
I'm on my path. I'm learning a lot about a lot of things. But I'm trying to enjoy the journey just as much as the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment