I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

JAX + Cold= no heat

So I broke down and called the mechanic about my car. I mentioned before that last week my blower was blowing then at some point it stopped. I didn't initially notice the blower had stopped but did later and I remember popping but not sure if it was ice from the undercarriage or something breaking.

My drive is about a mile so I figured it wouldn't be so bad to deal with but the more I breath on the inside of the car (even with windows rolled down). It's not so bad in the afternoon and evening drive home where there's still a substantial amount of light, but in the morning when it's still pitch black- it's a problem. I almost hit a biker I didn't see yesterday and this morning the windshield de-icer we got at NAPA (it was a collective buy for locks since lock de-icer has been sold out) looked like it was helping and then totally got worse.

Good News: My mechanic wants me to drop by at lunch and see if it's a quick fix. Bad News: if it's not, he's booked out a month with hundreds of calls to follow-up on. (A good mechanic who doesn't deal in shadiness could make a killing up here, even with existing competition)

No comments:

Post a Comment