I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Panic

I couldn't fall asleep last night and was curled up on my couch reading when i heard a clicking sound from my heater (a Toyo Stove, a new INDEX was added to the sidebar for people/places/things to reference to). I flipped on the light only to find it flashing a code... CL:10, then CL:9... 2 am on Sat when it's -60 out is NOT the time for something to go wrong with your heater. So i jumped off the couch and ran around trying to find the heater's instruction manual only to figure out that it goes through an automatic cleaning cycle everyday at 2am and I've just always been asleep and in my bed and hadn't noticed.

Even better than finding out your heat really wasn't going out at the worst possible time of the year, that brief moment of panic took all the fight out of me and i passed out moments after turning out the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment