I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Stars

I was asked while back home what the stars and the sky look like here.

I can honestly say that it's been way too cold to stargaze lately, however, I can say that the light bubble that occurs around most cities that make it impossible to see the stars isn't as big a deal here. There are streetlights and lights on homes, but the halo/bubble just isn't as large. The bright stars are just about always there (in winter at least). The smaller stars are mostly visible so long as there isn't a light on right near you. I'm still working on my night photography, though, like I posted before, it's been really really cold so that hasn't been happening.

Any other questions, please ask away - feel free to use email: Erin.up.in.alaska@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment