I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Frozen Doors

So about a week ago i stopped locking my outside door cause it was getting frozen. Last night I had a feeling I was going to need to pack my hairdryer and did only to arrive home to my unlocked door absolutely frozen shut. The little slide-hammer thing that goes in and out when you turn the knob was frozen into the doorframe. 15 minutes of using my hairdryer and a call into my maintenance guy later the door finally unfroze.

I was told by someone who moved up here in the 70s that this is the worst winter he's seen so if i can survive it, i'll be good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment