I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

6 weeks

A month and a half, 45 days. That's all that's left in the warmth. I remembered this weekend just how hot and muggy summers get around here. I quickly remembered how much I dislike the heat. I've always been a jeans and long sleeve girl so I'm looking forward to a bit colder weather.

I feel like these weekly countdown emails are a good place for just a general recap. Hopefully, I'm not too far off. 

Anyway, my survey for the moving company is scheduled (for the Monday after the yard sale). Yay for details moving along. My brothers were also in this weekend and I was able to figure out what all they're taking as far as furniture goes. I have also been going through a lot of the clothes. Mom is also sending me up there with a pair of snowshoes which will be interesting to try out.

I got a fantastically informative email from a woman who lives/works in Bethel currently. She was very thorough and was able to tell me things about the layers that I'll need as well as rain/mud boots (and due to the amazing timing of the email was able to pick up a pair of BOGS at DSW during a weekend shopping trip. It was also very good to know ahead of time that there is no dry-cleaner in Bethel. I can send things to Anchorage or I can just not take things that are dry-clean only. The more I know before I get up there, the better prepared I am.

Still need to get in touch with more people about apartments but it's very hard to do that from afar. I don't want to get something sight-unseen, but I don't want to feel pressured when I get up there. I've got a couple feelers out and people are sending me postings as they show up. I have a few more calls to make though.

For now, I'm going to pass out then enjoy a birthday dinner for a good friend tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment