I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Breather

After about 2 weeks of looking at details and making trips to the storage unit and getting paperwork together, I took last night off. I came home just to curl up on the couch reading, then put myself to bed reading at an early (for me) 9:30. I'm honestly not sure if I saw 10 or not. I know the sleep did me some good. I'll try to go through a bunch of the kitchen stuff tonight and cull out the duplicates.

I know I need a good sewing kit bag. I've got it all in a rolling mesh drawer unit right now. That's not going to move all that well and I'm afraid for storage it may not be the best idea either. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Good news though, I got a message back from the moving company about scheduling a survey for the estimate. Not i just have to make sure as much as I'm going to ship is going to be there at the storage unit when they come. They're also working on the quote for the moving of the car. It'll apparently be cheaper for me to ship it from Seattle so I may actually end up making a road trip. I need to crunch the numbers and look at the maps to see if it's going to be that much cheaper and if it would be worth the gas and a week's worth of driving cross country. It may be a ton better to just let it be considering how little I'm looking to actually move.  (see, even when I take a day off from manual labor, I can't take the day off from brain labor).

Weekend:
-> return bike & bike rack while also scouring clearance racks at REI
-> try to sift through more boxes and organize boxes already sifted
-> consolidate coins so I can find a coinstar later (I have way too much change lying around and I'm NOT moving it)
-> start going through wardrobe for sell piles

2 comments:

  1. Its Jessica, Colin's friend :D If you are set on taking your car, and don't want to make the road trip yourself, you may be able to ask a dealership if they know of anyone who can be paid to make the trip for you. Lukas's dad did that when he was younger - drive someones car from florida to nevada I think, and was given a week or two to do it. You could (in theory) have someone else drive it to seattle a week or two early and you just take a plane. If you plan on driving it yourself you are welcome to make a stopover at our apartment! We live in Ellensburg, just east of the cascades and about 3-4 hours (traffic and weather permitting) out of seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica- Not a bad idea. I'm still waiting to see what the costs are going to come back as. I may very well be within my relocation budget and not have to worry about anything. I'm crossing my fingers that that's the case. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete