I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Monday, April 11, 2011

LT is my hero

So I get a text from my Mom today at work. Apparently, LT has stumbled upon a book "Living our Cultures, Sharing our Heritage, The First Peoples of Alaska" and has gifted it to none other than me, myself and I. This is a book my dad refers to a coffee table book of the various cultures of the regions of Alaska. It talks about various traditions from art, hunting, dance, beliefs and many many more. It's quite interesting I have to say. Many many HUGE thanks to LT.

On a slightly different note, my Alaska audiology license has been sent out. I called another couple places off possible upholstery places and it's looking like no slip-cover can be made so I missed getting the fabric today. Tomorrow's looking a bit busy after work hours

I came home and crashed though so I'm fairly certain I wore myself out pretty well this weekend. I'll work on some little things. I've been in email contact with some extended family in Anchorage and now know that a lot of items up there are quite expensive so I'll be trying to take some staples in my move.

No comments:

Post a Comment