I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Monday, April 18, 2011

It's a small world...

There's a little flashing red light on my office phone. I dial into voice-mail and start taking the message that went something like this-

"Hi, this is Jane Doe (name changed to protect the innocent), I'm sort of a cousin of Susie Que (name also changed to protect the innocent), who visited your office last week. She told me there was this really nice young woman who tested her who's moving up to Alaska soon. I just can't remember the young woman's name who I'm supposed to be calling but I'd love to talk to her about what it's like living up there. I lived in Bethel, Alaska for 11 years (Yes people! You're reading that correctly, it's the village/town I'm moving to). My number is 555-5555. Please have that nice young woman who'll be moving to Alaska call me."

Who'da thunk it???

No comments:

Post a Comment