I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Yard Sale!!!

So instead of donating all my crap and getting to write off at most like $500 or so on taxes, we've opted to have a yard-sale... In looking at the details of said sale we found out that Norfolk is even stranger than we thought. First, you can't post signs. The cops will bring them to you. So we'll post something in the paper and on Craigslist and see what happens. Second, there's a license fee... seriously? Oy. What're we gonna do though? I need to get rid of my stuff and whatever doesn't go I'll donate after the sale. There are a few bigger items I'll try to sell of Craigslist if they don't go in the sale but we'll see.

Found a place to upholster my chair/ottoman so I've gotta take that in asap. I'll go on a fabric hunt this weekend and then Mom and I will take the pieces in to get recovered next week. Once I dig them out of storage, I'll post a before and after pic. I got the chair off a former employer and I got the ottoman from my grandmother. The chair has a print on it from when they lived in France I believe and just doesn't match my taste but it's SUPER comfy and the ottoman has this chevron pattern from the 70's or something. When you use them together they are seriously the most comfortable set in the world. I ADORE them. I can't tell you how many times I've fallen asleep curled up in them. So I've decided I'm finally making them match. Especially since that and a pair of bookshelves are some of the only furniture I'm taking (I'm pretty sure I'm close to certifiable). Not 100% sure of my new bed size so I'll have a variety of bedsheets more than likely and I'll be whittling everything else down too. That's one way to clean out the sock drawer.

BTW, care pkgs of SMARTWOOL will always be accepted and they make long sleeve shirts so feel free to not be skimpy ;).

So over the next few weeks, my mind will be consumed with 3 piles, KEEP, TOSS and SELL. It's like that TV show on HGTV, except real-life and hard-core. Did you ever imagine me as hard-core? Seriously?

Oooh, ooh, I'm going to put up a to-do list next. He he he he... this blog thing might be really really fun or really really obnoxious. Either way. Remind me if I'm forgetting something if you've made a cross-country move please. I don't want to forget something ridiculously stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment