I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Little Victories

I just realized I hadn't posted that I got my Alaska audiology license in the mail last weekend. I was expecting it to take a little longer, but Oh well. It's here. 

I've found out that moving my car up to Bethel, should take less than half my moving allotment. So unless what I've decided to move turns out to be super heavy, I'll be taking my car. I have the moving survey planned for the Monday morning after the yard sale. The goal will be to have gone through everything that's in the storage unit and here at the house by then so I'll be able to just get a final quote and schedule the move. All in all, it was a good email. I'm honestly not taking enough that i think it'll be much of a problem.

Speaking of what's being moved, I made a Costco run yesterday and got spices, olive oil, quinoa, rice, sugar, oatmeal, olive oil, detergent, canned veggies and some soup. And a printer (5 in one) from an office supply place. I still need to get rice pasta and rice flour and I'd like to get some hot chocolate and lemonade mix as well. I also need to buy a TV. Not sure exactly what I'm doing on that front but I'll get something before the move. I'm thinking 32" or more because I'm planning on using it to watch movies, etc from at least my comfy chair. Granted, I don't know how big a living room I'll have. I also don't know for sure what I'll put the TV on. I have a 2 shelf bookshelf that it might fit well on if it's stable. The bookshelf itself is quite sturdy but I don't know what will happen. I'd rather not move anymore furniture, but I may need to get something.

I was able to get through all the kitchen stuff and figure out what I was going to take and not take. That is going to be the highest number of boxes I'm sure. But it's done and now I'll make a trip to storage to deposit things and keep trudging through the rest of my maybe/unknown boxes.

I went to the Dr's today to get my annual physical and bloodwork, as well as get updates on some boosters (had to get another tetanus), have them check for titers (immunity to certain things when exact immunization dates are unknown or when you may need to check to see if you're still immune to something). For instance, I got the Hep B vaccines before either college or grad school. It's been a number of years since then. Also, now they give a Hep A and Hep B vaccine series together where when I got it, it Hep A wasn't part of the equation. Since we weren't sure about A for sure, the doc is checking for immunity of B to see if I'll need to start the booster series before heading up.



Tomorrow's plan:
  • Take boxes/pkgs to storage for shipment
  • Go through socks and underthings to get rid of super-old-buried-on-the-bottom-stuff
  • do laundry and put things away to see if I need to get rid of anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment