I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Time flown & Details

The realization struck me at some point tonight that it's been two weeks since the written roller coaster has begun and three since the entire ride left the gate. On one hand, it's been a lot less upheaval than I anticipated and on the other, you haven't seen my basement. It's truly amazing to see the symphony of details.

The last couple days for instance:
  • I have needed a break from going through boxes so I've gone through them little by little. 
  • At the same time, I've made a final Dr.'s, dentist and hair appointment, and yes, hair is important, especially for a girl going off to start a new job where I don't know where my next salon options might be. 
  • I've started tracking down records the hospital needs as far as immunization and TB. 
  • I've called half a dozen places to find somewhere that could winterize (Alaskan-style) my car and also followed-up with the moving company (trying to not be too annoying but get some answers). 
  • I've checked into the termination policy for my current cell phone and found out that Bethel has a cell phone store near the airport, but that it's only open M-F, since I'm arriving on a Sunday (assuming everything goes well), I may have to borrow someone's phone or find a payphone or use a calling card to let my family know I've landed since I don't know what internet access will be like immediately.
  • I've also set up the blog to be able to post via email so no matter where I can email from, I'll be OK.
I'm sure there are a few other pesky details that have been handled but that's all my brain can handle right now. Just a few weeks to go before my stuff takes off. Gonna go hit the hay. Night

No comments:

Post a Comment