I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

First weekend (8 weeks to move)

This weekend has been the first since making this shin-dig official. With that in mind, we've been running around getting things done.

-> 1st, the treadmill was taken away.
-> 2nd, we visited the storage unit to get pictures of the chair and ottoman to take to the upholsterers. It's much shorter than I remember. Mom saw the fabric that was on there now and decreed (HIGHLY suggested based on a really good eye that I do NOT posses) that I was not allowed to get it recovered but instead had to get a slip-cover made. The ottoman will still get covered because it's just hideous but I'll call Monday to see if I can get them to do a slipcover and if so, how much fabric it'll take. While we were at the storage unit we grabbed boxes to throw in the back of the truck (SUV) (every load is valuable at this stage of the game and I'm not sure how much longer I'll have this vehicle) and we headed out to our next stops
-> 3rd, we visited a couple fabric stores to see what was available for the chair and ottoman. I did find one I liked. It has a pattern to it but it's much more my style than what's on it now. And colors I tend to use more when decorating. Once I make sure they can make a slip cover and get an idea how how much more/less they light need in terms of yardage, I'll go over and grab some after work.

This with a Dunkin Donuts run and a stop in TJ Max (I'm keeping my eyes peeled for Marino Wool socks and might just be buying them from everywhere in the city) brought us up to about 7:15. After dinner I went through more of the boxes for KEEP/SELL/TRASH and got some paperwork together for today...

Today is Sunday and this brings a whole new bottle of fun. I'm meeting someone to look at the car today. For those who might not already know, my vehicle is a Nissan X-Terra. It is an SUV built on a ladder-box frame. It is the only SUV consumer reports rates for off-roading (and YES, I have off-roaded minorly with it, not rock-crawling or anything like that but definitely off the beaten path where a civic or camry would get stuck). This gentleman is looking for a car for his wife so I'm hoping his wife is OK with truck-like suspension and handling. It idles louder, it's a V6, it's an on-demand 4x4. We're meeting to test drive and go over some features this morning and see what happens.

Then later, tagging some yard-sale items. Good fun. Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment