I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Screw Tiptoeing... I'm going Trompin

So the evening I got the email saying they were offering me the position, I came home and logged into 6pm.com. For those that are unaware of this website, it's the clearance/discount sister site to Zappo's (really kick-booty shoes- let's get something out of the way here... I am trying to reform my language so I will occasionally put in something a little 'off', sorry).

Back to the point... So I came home and went to 6pm.com right away and looked up boots. My mind was boggled, however, I was soon introduced the the world of temperature ratings and found Sorel boots to add to my love of all things Keen. I found a few pairs that sparked my interest and quickly filled up my shopping cart. Steep discounts rock my world.

Today I arrived home to a box (the size of my 80 lb lab) filled with my 3 pairs of boots bound for helping me prepare for Alaska. You a little curious yet?

These are the "Red Keen's" They're a shorter book but pretty warm. Slightly big.

These are the "Tall Boots". I may find better ones in AK for certain types of weather but it's really hard for me to find boots that work on my calves and these do. Woot woot!

And these are the Sorel's. The crown jewel of the bunch. rated to -40 degrees. TRIPLE WOOT WOOT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those boots are going to come in handy, cause where you're going there are two seasons - Winter and "mud" - and one of them is definitely longer than the other. When you arrive in June, the muddy season will be beginning...

    ReplyDelete