I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

7 Weeks

7 weeks until my departure. It's sneaking up fast. I bought a few things today to lighten my load as far as what I would take with me. Everything that's being moved is being done by weight so what I do take I want to be light but also I really don't want to take much. Kitchen stuff is being slimmed down substantially. I'm trying to see what can do double duty in my pots/pans. I found these silicone pot/pan lids that will let me leave my glass lids at home. I also found Correll dishes that are lighter weight and less breakable than stoneware or porcelain. My brothers are inheriting my current set of stoneware. I feel like I'm changing out gear for backpacking as opposed to car camping. Most everything's getting sold though honestly which is a good feeling.

So in 3 Saturdays there will be a great yard sale at my house. Please feel free to tell all and email me if you don't know the address. I'll be more than happy to give it to you. I'll be posting on Craigslist and in the newspaper of course and fantastic coworker told me about this radio show that tells people about yard sales super early in the morning so I'll be up and putting info out there too.




I know you can't tell what's in the boxes, but to give you an idea, the boxes are stacked 2 deep and on a wall about 15-20 feet across. Wherever possible, we have the boxes stacked up to about my height (just over 5 foot). The bags are all filled with clothes, shoes and bags/accessories. My mom has gone through a handful of stuff and my dad is planning of going through a tear. Really, we're planning on this pile probably doubling. There's currently no furniture in there just yet and I know they'll be at least a half dozen to a dozen pieces, a TV and there's a very good chance of a dryer as well (if it doesn't go on craigslist first). Alright, back to the piles for a little bit.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh and double ugh. The boxes look insane and I get to help put them out that glorious Sat AM. Triple UGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WEll, I am looking for a yoga/ excercise ball, one of those huge ones, not a medicine ball. If you got one or know of a cheap place to get one let me know.... please.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should say that. The one in the pic is actually not in the yard sale, but I will have 2 (I think) that will be.

    Sale will start at 8am.

    ReplyDelete