I'm a girl who has picked up and moved from coast to coast (& north past most of Canada). That is... Norfolk, Virginia to Bethel, Alaska. --- This journal is a record of the move, and life in the Tundra.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Learning to downshift

My dad just walked up to me and asked if he could make a suggestion. He then proceeded to try and get me to get to a stopping point and do just that, stop. Apparently, 5th gear is not a good place for me to be for 48hrs or so (OK, I'll admit it may have been a few days longer than that). The good news is that I threw out 2 full bags of garbage today as well as created another bag of shredding and increased the sale pile fairly substantially (Mom is adding quite a bit in as well, making her happier. When mom's happy, everybody's happy).

I have a feeling that if we can get the yard-sale/moving-sale to bring in some people there might be a whole lotta stuff that is just gone. That truly gives me warm fuzzies.

Due to my inability to stop as of late, I think I'm going to have to institute a chill-time rule or a bed-time rule. Either way, I'll need to come down off the ride everyday from the looks of things.


Tomorrow's agenda:
> Verify the upholstery place can make a slipcover
> Finish Audiology license, get notarized and mail in
> Possibly go purchase fabric for this wonderful project
> and last but not least... more KEEP/TRASH/SELL
... oh, and of course go to work

No comments:

Post a Comment